I want to begin by saying that I am 100% writing this for you guys, because I am lucky to not be "Home Alone" running through the airport to get to my gate on time, every time. I am THE WORST when it comes to flying. I almost NEVER have time to spare at the airport, but when I do I am mostly bored double tapping everything I see on Instagram, Oprah style (you get a like, you get a like, everybody gets a like), attached to a wall where my phone charger is connected, or my favorite, people watching. I never really know what to do when I have extra time, as I am sure I'm not the only one. I have done some research and have put together a list of ideas of things to do, if you have time to spare or are delayed at BNA.
Grab a Local Craft Beer
Tennessee Brew Works and Yazoo, both local beer brewery favorites, have kiosks set up at the Nashville Airport where you can grab a beer and are now allowed enjoy it throughout. Tennessee Brew Works is located in the A/B Food Court from 8am-8pm Sunday through Friday, and on Saturdays from 8am-7pm. Yazoo, proudly handcrafted in Nashville, is located in the Concourse C Food Court and open 10am-10:30pm Sunday through Friday, and Saturdays from 10am-9:30pm. I am not going to list the times that everything is open, but I feel this information may be pretty valuable to some of you. I also highly recommend going to Tootsie's for some live music & they too, have beer! Cheers!
Spoiler alert: that pretty little picture that says "Drink Local" will be on shirts coming soon!!
Carpe Vinium means to seize the wine! Wine lovers will be excited to know that there is a wine bar called "Vino Volo". It is located near Gate C-17, offering an extensive selection of wines from around the world with food pairings! Conveniently, it just so happens the flight I took off from today left from said gate. Everything definitely happens for a reason.
I can't think of a time I have went to any airport and not grabbed a coffee. I feel like flying and coffee just go together. I already know I'm not going to be able to sleep on a plane, I don't do well with landings or drooling on myself in front of complete strangers. There are several places at BNA that offer delicious coffee. There is the obvious Starbucks where you should be prepared to wait, perfect for any delay. Then you have Gibson Cafe, Green Beans Coffee and Berry Field Bistro just to name a few. No matter how late I am running, I always make time for this.
Get Those Nails Done, Girl...
Located in Concourse C, near gate C-15, you will find Nashville Nails and Salon services, where they offer nails, brow and waxing, as well as barber and hair care services for the entire family.
Relax & Recharge
Near gates B-1 and C-14, you can find Massage Bars, where licensed massage therapists offer seated chair massages. Who doesn't need one of these after going through wonderful security?!
Not that I Condone Smoking But....
For all you cigar lovers, Graycliff Cigar Company is located near gates B-10 and C-10. There, they offer handcrafted cigars and tobacco products, even an in-store smoking lounge!
Not Feeling 100% ??
Once you're done smoking your cigars, lets face it, you will probably be coughing up a lung and in dire need for medical attention. Just kidding. Or am I? You, or anyone else who is plain not feeling the best, can head to the CareHere! Walk-in clinic and Wellness Store. They provide primary care, illness care, medical symptom treatment and chiropractic care. They even have an in -store pharmacy and over the counter medications available. Talk about convenience. (Located in Concourse C)
Time To Shine...
....Your shoes that is. Personal shoe shine services are available in several places throughout the airport. You literally cannot miss them.
Shop Til' You Drop
There is a complete list below with locations of each shop. Lets not forget mine & most of us women's FAVORITE & one of the coolest things at the Nashville Airport. ...The BENEFIT (cosmetics) VENDING MACHINE! (Insert hallelujah hands emoji here)
- 24 Hour Flower A/B & C Meeter Greeter Lounges
- Accessories Place Near Gate B-6
- Boswell's Music City Harley Davidson Near Gate C-16
- CNN Newsstand Near Gate B-9 /Near Gate C-19
- Fly Babies Past Gate C-9
- Godiva Chocolatier Near Gate B-6
- Hudson News A/B Security Chkpt/Gate A-3/Gate C-10
- Hudson News & Booksellers/Papyrus/Sony BMG A/B Rotunda/ C/D Security Checkpoint/ Gate C1 & C10
- InMotion Concourse C Food and Retail Court
- Kids Works/ Nashville Zoo Concourse C Food and Retail Court
- Life is Good Near Gate B-6
- Nashville Kitchen A/B Rotunda
- Nashville Star Near Gate C-4
- Opry Originals/Discover Nashville Music City Past Gate C-9
- Radio Road Past Gate C-9
- Spirit of the Red Horse Past Gate C-9
- Sunglass Hut Past Gate C-9
Where To Eat??
- Auntie Anne's Concourse C Food Court
- Berry Field Bistro Near Gate C-2
- Blue Coast Burrito Concourse C Food Court
- Burger King Concourse C Food Court
- Famous Famiglia Concourse C Food Court
- Freshen's Smoothies & Yogurt A/B Food Court
- Gibson Café Near Gate C-20
- Green Beans Coffee Near Baggage Claim
- Hissho Sushi Concourse C Food Court
- La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant Near Gate A-3
- Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs Near Gate A-3
- Neely's Bar-B-Que Near Gate B-4
- Noshville Delicatessen A/B Food Court
- O'Charley's Near Gate C-9
- Popeye's Louisianna Kitchen A/BFood Court
- Provence Breads & Cafe Near Gate C-20
- Quiznos Subs Near Gate C-14
- Starbucks A/B Food Court and Near Gate C-10
- Swett's Meat and Three Near Gate C-6
- Tennessee Tavern Near Gate B-4
- Tootsies Orchid Lounge Near Gate C-7
- Wendy's A/B Food Court
- Whitt's Barbecue Near Gate C-7
One more VERY important thing that if you don't know, now you will know, is that you can go to www.FlyNashville.com and it will tell you the current security wait times, in both lines! It's so helpful to check it before even heading to the airport. I hope this helps at least one of you out. If so, my work here is done. Thank you as always for reading. SAFE TRAVELS!!