Well, I literally never thought I would see the day that I turned THIRTY YEARS OLD. That dreadful monumental moment has arrived in my life, and up until this point I've been very uncomfortable with the idea of being this old. I have decided now, that I am going to embrace it! Turning 30 is like a really, seriously big deal. I believe if you can make it to thirty, you can make it through anything! Let's face it, by thirty you made it through that awkward losing teeth phase, learning Algebra, high school in general, your teen years, and probably several heartbreaks. Not to mention having to pay bills for your first time, living on your own, doing your own laundry, and cooking yourself dinner. I feel like I am officially a WOMAN! There are so many things I wish I would have known along the way throughout the course of my life so far, so I want to share a few or twenty of them with you.
1. When people tell you eating bad will catch up to you, it absolutely will. I swear, in the past month I have gained about 10 lbs. Nothing has changed in my diet, no, I'm not pregnant, it's just life, I guess.
2. When boys are mean to you IT DOES NOT mean they like you. It means RUN, and RUN as FAST AS YOU CAN!
3. Tattoos are permanent...no, but seriously, think more than twice before you go getting something crazy permanently placed on your body.
4. You can't change people. People have got to want to change themselves.
5. Building your credit is more important than building your Instagram follower count.
6. Enjoy the little things in life because one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.
7. If you don't like where you are, move. YOU ARE NOT A TREE.
8. Believe in yourself. You must become unshakable in the belief that you are worthy of a big life. You got this!
9. Money does NOT buy you happiness.
10. You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.
11. You will end up disappointed if you grow up thinking everyone has the same heart as you do.
12. Listen to your mom. Turns out mothers really do know best!
13. Watch what you say. Words are free. It's how you use them that may cost you.
14. Life doesn't always turn out how you expect it to. Never, in a million years, would I have ever imagined to be thirty years old, with no husband or children.
15. Everyone's true colors will eventually show. Trust me on this.
16. Stop saying "yes" to sh*t you hate. If you don't want to do something don't.
17. Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isn't given freely by another person, it isn't worth having.
18. In 30 years, I have never gotten Salmonella by eating raw cookie dough. EAT THE RAW COOKIE DOUGH. (ha)
19. What doesn't kill you, really does make you stronger.
20. The best is yet to come. I always wonder how one year could be better than the last, but it seems these days, that almost every single day is better than the last.
I'm ready to see what these next thirty years have in store! I have had a great life so far. Has it been perfect? No. Has it been ideal and what life is "supposed" to be? No. Has it been challenging? Heck Yeah. Would I trade it if I could? NOPE. I plan to make my next thirty years even better than the last. Life is short, do the things you have always wanted to do, and make it amazing! Tomorrow is not promised. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Thank you, as always for reading!!